Hey there, fellow party-goers! Are you craving a well-deserved break from your daily routine? Well, get ready to unwind and have a blast this 4th of July! 🇺🇸
And what better way to celebrate than with the easiest, most festive dishes (flags, stars and red, white and blue)!
What do we love about these two dishes? They are both healthy, quick, delicious and pleasing to ALL at the party, including health nuts, vegans and those with food sensitivities. BOOM! 💥 Here are my two go-tos:
American Flag Spinach Salad with Blueberries, Strawberries & Jicama
When you're in need of a refreshing and rejuvenating dish, look no further than this vibrant spinach salad with a patriotic twist. Packed with wholesome ingredients, it's the perfect way to recharge and savor every bite of the holiday.
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cup jicama, julienned
- 2/3 cup balsamic dressing (we like Primal Kitchen because it's clean and allergy-friendly.
1. On a large tray, spread out the spinach.
2. Now it's time to make the flag! Arrange the blueberries in the upper left quadrant of the tray (like the blue of an American flag). If you have extra jicama and have a small star veggie cutter, you can put some white stars in the upper left quadrant too.
3. Then alternate the strawberries and jicama as the American flag's red and white stripes
4. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Enjoy!
...and now something a little more filling. At All Clean Food, we love a healthy, easy pasta salad, regardless of the season!
Festive Caprese Pasta Salad with Star-Shaped Cheese
This pasta salad is delicious, hearty and fun! If you happen to have a blue serving bowl, you will achieve the red, white and blue theme!
- 16 ounces gluten-free pasta (All Clean Food's rotini or penne work well)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8-16 ounces vegan mozzarella (Miyoko's) or regular fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into star shapes
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes and torn basil leaves.
- Gently fold in the star-shaped mozzarella cheese pieces.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Give it a good toss, allowing the flavors to mingle and the stars to shine!
And done! Two delicious recipes that will give you the break you deserve while embracing the fun of the 4th of July.
So, take a step back, put on your party hat, and let the flavors transport you to a world of summer fun and relaxation.
Happy 4th of July, everyone – may your holiday weekend be filled with delightful food, memorable moments, and an abundance of fun!